When will my password expire
On shark there is a schript called AD-pwd-experation.sh if you run this script it will tell you in how many days your password will expire.
username@shark:~$ AD-pwd-expiration.sh Your Password will expire in 28 Days
When you login with ssh on Shark and your password expires within 5 days you will get a warning that your password will expire.
How to Change my password
To change your password if it's not expired you can type the command
username@shark:~$ passwd Current Kerberos password: Enter new Kerberos password: Retype new Kerberos password: passwd: password updated successfully
If your password is expired and you can not log into Shark any more, you can use a website to change your password.
If you use this URL please use as domain : RESEARCHLUMC
Thus your Domain\username would be : RESEARCHLUMC\USERNAME
Choosing your new password must meet these conditions:
- Password must not contain the user's account name or more than two consecutive characters from the user's full name.
- Password must be eight or more characters long.
- Password must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase characters A-Z (Latin alphabet)
- Lowercase characters a-z (Latin alphabet)
- Digits 0-9
- Special characters (!, $, #, %, etc.)
- Password is not used before (counting a history of 24)
- Your current password age is at least one day. If it's not, you'll get an error that the password does not meet the complexity requirements.